CPCCWHS1001 – Work safely in the construction industry covers the basic WHS knowledge required prior to commencing work tasks within any of the sectors of the construction industry. Anyone who works on a construction site in Australia has to do construction induction training and get their White Card.
- $99 per student
- Good verbal and written comprehension of the English language
- 100 points of ID
- 14 years of age or over
- Obtain a USI (usi.gov.au)
What you need to bring with you
- Steelcap boots
Duration of Course
- Course duration for training and assessment is 1 day
Training Location and format
- Various locations, view bookings tab
- Face to face delivery (we do not offer online courses)
- All participants are required to go through an assessment to be issued with a statement of attainment. This unit of competency is nationally recognised.
- Once the SafeWork assessment has been successfully completed, you will receive a SOT slip which is valid for 60 days. Soon after you will receive your whitecard in the mail from safework.
- Identify health and safety legislative requirements of construction work
- Identify construction hazards and risk control measures
- Identify health and safety communication and reporting processes
- Identify incident and emergency response procedures
Language, Literacy & Numeracy
Allowances can be made for participants with language, literacy & numeracy issues.
You will complete a short literacy and numeracy assessment on enrolment and if we identify any learning difficulties the Trainer/Assessor will be notified prior to your attendance for the course. Depending on your learning difficulty, the Trainer can spend extra time assisting you and/or do a verbal assessment with you. Or we may discuss options with you and may refer you to other support services as outlined in the Candidate Support, Welfare and Guidance Section on page 11 of the Student Handbook.
RPL recognises that people who already have the knowledge and skills required for competency in various elements of units of an accredited training package should not be required to re-learn what they already know. The process of RPL also takes into account that various competencies can be acquired through:
- previous qualification,
- work experience and
- Life experience
RPL requires that evidence of competency are demonstrated. Please contact the RTO if you feel you are eligible for this assessment pathway.
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation more than 7 days prior to commencement – 50% refund
- Cancellation within 7 days of commencement – No refund
- Course to be paid in full at or before commencement of the course.